Friday, April 8, 2011

Let's See How This One Turns Out


I've decided I'm going to take photos of the progress of a current project and post them here along the way. 

I neglected to take a photo of the "true" first stage - the fascintating red basecoat - so I'll have to leave that one to the imagination.  I'm using acrylic on a 24 x 36 gallery style wood paint panel...here's what I've done so far:

Stage 1 - Rough Outline
(hard to look at, isn't it)

Stage 2
(a little easier on the eyes, but still...)

This may very well end up looking completely different when it's done, but whatever the result, I can guarantee that it will not be a realistic portrayal of a daisy.  Nope.  Not in painting technique, colour, structural accuracy...I like my flowers to be fun and my paintings to look like they were painted. 
(I only do realism with my camera)

2 comments: