The chameleon idea was making me nuts. I just couldn't figure out how to do the legs...and those weird feet they have!!! Sunday night (after having avoided working on it all weekend), I tried and then gave up and painted over the whole thing.
I had no idea what else to do, and that almost had me in a panic...this thing is due to be delivered by the end of the month and there's still coats (and coats) of varnish to be applied once it's painted.
Even though I painted over the image in red, you could still see the chameleon though the paint...especially the tail on the seat...so I decided to figure out something that would include the shape of the chameleon's tail. All I could come up with is a cat. Two cats. So I sketched them out in primer and then kept going...
Not done yet, but I'm closer than I was ever going to get with that darn chameleon (may he rest in peace)
www.myimmaculateconvection.blogspot.com. PLEASE NOTE: All artwork, photographs and text in this blog are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, altered, or used in any way without the explicit permission of the artist.