Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Things Are Looking a Little Different

The chameleon idea was making me nuts.  I just couldn't figure out how to do the legs...and those weird feet they have!!!  Sunday night (after having avoided working on it all weekend), I tried and then gave up and painted over the whole thing.

I had no idea what else to do, and that almost had me in a panic...this thing is due to be delivered by the end of the month and there's still coats (and coats) of varnish to be applied once it's painted.

Even though I painted over the image in red, you could still see the chameleon though the paint...especially the tail on the seat...so I decided to figure out something that would include the shape of the chameleon's tail.  All I could come up with is a cat.  Two cats.  So I sketched them out in primer and then kept going...

Not done yet, but I'm closer than I was ever going to get with that darn chameleon (may he rest in peace)

No comments:

Post a Comment