Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm Looking Over Lots of Four (Five and Six) Leaf Clovers


It started two years ago in early May 2009 on a walk with Lucy.  She stopped in a nearby park to do her thing in a patch of clover, and as I stood there looking at the cluster of green I thought to myself "Hmmm...don't think I've ever found one with four leaves."  And then I jokingly thought to myself that singing the song might help, so in my mind I did...and within seconds I found my first one.

Over the past couple of years I've found them fairly regularly in a couple of local areas when I'm out on walks with Lucy.  If I look for them I've got a good 50/50 chance of finding at least one, but in many cases it feels like they find me when I'm not "trying".  Sometimes there's one, sometimes two or a few, but in the past week or so it's been a bit crazy.

A week ago Saturday I found eleven of them:



This past Sunday I found 14 four-leaf clovers and a five-leaf clover.  I found my first five-leaf last fall so this was my second (see close up below):



The very next day I found the very same thing: 14 four-leaf and another five-leaf.  It actually should have been 15 four-leaf clovers, but just as I focused in on a perfect one a few feet away from me some people asked to pet Lucy and I lost sight of it. (I pressed them before taking a photo)


My most memorable find, though, was a six-leaf clover this past April on the 24th.  Isn't it a beauty?!?:


I don't know why I've been finding these (I've lost count...they're at least numbering into the 60's now), but whatever the reason, if I do find any more I'll post photos of them here.  For now, I'm just pressing them into a book, but I think I may see if I can find a way to include/attach one to every painting I do as a signature of sorts; a way to share the luck with anyone who ends up owning something that I've created. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment